Friday, February 27, 2009

The verdict is in...

*drum rolls*....


So here's the scoop. After some research the doctor found that treating children with Amblyopia for -1.5 nearsightness can often correct it. I hope that makes sense. What it basically does is causes his brain to make his eye focus on things faraway instead of shutting it down. Remember, Weston has very good vision, he just doesn't use his lazy eye as much as we use both of ours because its easier to just use one. The object is to get his brain to use BOTH of his eyes. Apparently when you go to the eye doctor and they put the black thing in front of you eyes and move it back and forth your eyes are NOT supposed to move, Westons move A LOT! So when he put the lens up to his eyes and did that again they moved very little...I didn't even notice that they moved at all, that how small it was. We are going to try this on a trial basis for 3 months. He wants him to wear them as much as possible so that we can see if its going to work.

Oh, and for all of you who can't tell them apart, they are wearing the same glasses but....Weston will be sporting the BLUE glasses and Isaac will be sporting the GREEN ones! Hope that helps you all out! LOL :-)

***Oh, and I can't wait for their hair to grow back out!! It's a little too short and I'm not fond of it. Its really hard to keep it trimmed and make it look the same. I'm so glad their hair grows fast! :-)

0 comments: